Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Emotions -posted June 8th 2012


So this past week has been very interesting to say the least. First off we had some issues with our internet connection. We had to wait for a new modem to come out so we could access certain sites, this being one of them, among other ones that I have to use for my job. So you would think that since most of the work I do is online that I would get a little holiday. Yeah guess again

This week was graduation week, and the days leading up to it are always filled with emotions for me. (did the same thing last year when PJ graduated High School) This year even more so because our son, 18, graduated from High school on Thursday and even though I had told him I didn’t cry, I did, a little bit. And if I am going to be honest, I did choke up last year with PJ’s tho I fought the tears back because everyone had bets on me crying and I am just too competitive to let them win like that lol… So we get through our son’s ceremony which is rushed (everything done in one hour) and lets face it, I don’t deal with a crowd of people too well and there of course was more than a crowd, it was more like a mass of people. Brushing up against me, touching me in places they should not have been and just being pretty damn stupid. So by the time we got out of there I was wrung out.

Then this morning was our youngest daughters elementary exiting ceremony. Now I have to tell you, we love this school. I mean we absolutely love this school and we love the teachers and the staff and we are going to miss them. Well add in the fact that they all love their students and most of the teachers and staff were crying. Each of the teachers got up and handed out awards, but before they did they spoke a little about their class and their students. Well Jade’s teacher is just super nice and she started to bawl.

Ok guys come on, I am on an emotional roller coaster as it is, and the day before I watch my son walk the stage and I didn’t think he was going to make it to graduation on some days. Now you are going to put me in front of crying women who I like and expect me to stay my stoic self? Yeah no..

I started crying, Angel was crying and if I looked down the row of our family I am sure others were as well.

Yeah emotional and on top of that I have not slept well because of the impending graduations and I am sick.

I said I was NOT getting sick.

Apparently I lied… I have no control over it I guess

Oh.. and She got AR points for the year so they gave her a trophy and we had no idea it was going to happen. WOW highest AR points in the entire school. Yep that is my kid right there.

I am now just totally exhausted.. tired.. pooped.. my fizzle has fuzzled

but I am so happy to be back online.. and done with graduations.. for atleast 3 years when PJ graduates College, or maybe a year when Danny graduates boot camp.. which ever comes first.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts